- Leaving my corporate editing position at athenahealth, where I had worked for the previous two years. This was a big move for me, as I had comfortably settled into my role there and really loved my production team, as well as the proximity of the office to my house (only 3/4 of a mile away!). However, the call for more challenging documentary work rang loud, and I decided to return to the unpredictable world of freelancing - a decision I am (so far) very glad I made!
- Living part-time in Norwich, VT to work with filmmaker Liz Canner on a very important documentary (Silent U.) about the crisis of sexual assault on college campuses today.
- My first political campaign video - which apparently paid off! - for politician extraordinaire and Massachusetts' new Attorney General, Maura Healey. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when Jim Braude played the spot on Broadside! :)
- Doing some editing for The Mystery of Matter, a PBS Nova about the history of chemistry. The show included a lot of reenactment. Working with footage of actors was new and different for me... but lots of fun! Plus I learned a lot about something I previously knew nothing about. The show will air sometime this spring.
- Joining the Non-Fiction Cartel, a working collaborative that supports short form documentary media-making in New England.
- Getting hired to teach filmmaking courses at my alma mater, BU... I can't wait!!!
- And - as usual - doing LOTS of traveling… trips included: Eleuthera, Bahamas, Montreal, Los Angeles, NYC, D.C., the Yucatan Peninsula, South Dakota, Maine, Pennsylvania, and - of course - the Jersey Shore :) Now where to in 2015...
So… 2014 was wonderful, and I am super-excited to see what 2015 has in store.